What started out as a gift for a friend and a focus on creative gift packaging, has turned into something so meaningful for us here at Persona Designs, Inc. After our initial product launch in 2009, we soon realized that the Persona Pail was a “feel good thing,” lifting spirits of cancer patients and individuals with special needs. In a nutshell, the Persona Pail puts smiles on faces and provides an avenue for creative expression. Fast forward to 2012 – we are pleased to provide the Persona Pail as a therapeutic activity for individuals with Austism, Alzheimer’s and Dementia with the following benefits:
- The Persona Pail allows individuals to be creative in a “no fail” approach. There is no right or wrong way to create a Persona character; stickers can be repositioned and changed if necessary.
- The need for sensory stimulation is very important. The bright colors of the Expression Stickers and the texture of the hair provide both visual stimulation and tactile stimulation.
- The creation of art and the enjoyment of art are both viable and effective activities for both children and adults. An individual might create a “persona” of themselves or a family member. For Alzheimer’s patients, this can help recapture the emotions and feelings that are an integral part of those memories.
- Because this activity promotes facial components and expression, it encourages storytelling, human interaction and socialization. The Persona Pail can also be incorporated as an on-going creative activity with the use of multiple stickers which come on and off.
- The process of working with the stickers and placing them on the pail improves fine motor skills. However, if an individual has difficulty peeling the stickers off the sticker sheet, the caregiver can provide assistance and at the same time allow the individual to do the actual “designing.”
If you are a parent or caregiver, we invite you to browse our shopping page to find the Persona Pail kit of your choice. For teachers, therapists or activity directors, please email us at email@example.com or call 800-591-7715 for more information and to obtain special quantity pricing.
Putting smiles on faces, one pail at a time!
“A Day at Joe’s Club” (Persona Pail activity at Joe’s Club in Brevard, County, FL)
“A Brighter Holiday Smile” (Holiday activity for children at LifeSkills Academy in Orlando, FL)